Introductory or Gift Certificate session.............................................$80.00
I encourage most people to try this 1 hour sample session to get a feel for my style of work and our compatibility as practitioner and client. Some clients who are uncertain as to their commitment may continue with these sessions.
This session lasts from 1½ - 2 hours as it includes the verbal intake process as well as the tablework. This is the place to start if you already know you are committed to being a regular client.
Regular sessions will be 1 hour on the table. Additional before and after session time will be available up to 10 minutes. Allow 1¼ hours for your total session.
More Effective Session.....................................................................$110.00
A 1½ hour session allows me to give a thorough full body session as well as focusing on specific areas as needed. It is the most for your money's worth and allows me to do my best work as well.
Senior citizen, sliding scale, and delayed payment plans can be discussed according to the individual circumstances. Every effort is made to not let finances get in the way of needed work.
Building a good foundation is important. The work is accumulative and begins to really take hold after 4 - 6 sessions. I've found that the first 4 sessions spaced 1 week apart is the most effective. After the 4th session, we will re-evaluate discussing a summary of the work, our goals, and the appointment interval. That interval may vary from 1 week to once every 3 - 4 months depending upon your unique situation.
BEFORE AND AFTER SESSION
Things to remember to enhance the value of a session and to allow for maximum benefit:
1. Eat lightly. Do not eat a heavy or large meal prior to or immediately after your session. Eating lightly or moderately is fine, as there is enough blood supply for both digestion and bodywork in that case.
2. Do not take any alcohol, drugs, or smoke before or after a session, except as required by prescription.
3. Wear loose clothing in the event we choose to work with clothes on. See philosophy section, paragraph 6.
4. Arrive relaxed and promptly. Arriving a bit early to rest in our lovely waiting room watching the fish is a good way to prepare for the session.
5. Remove all jewelry. Jewelry can pose dangers to both client and practitioner and is hinders effective work.
6. No gum chewing during session to avoid any choking on it as you relax.
7. Rest on the table before and after session to help prepare for and integrate the work. Close your eyes and take a couple of deep breaths. It is helpful to image yourself the way you would like to be and the way you would like to feel. Bring your healthiest self to the session as well as what is hurting, if anything.
8. Always drink liquids after a session to continue the cleansing process (juices, herbal teas, or water).
9. Plan to rest after the session or at least move at a slower pace in order to be flexible and listen to what your body needs.
Over the years of full time practice, I have thought carefully about policies. They are as follows. If you are not comfortable with any of these, we will discuss it and amend our agreement to be effective for both of us.
1. As a Certified and Licensed Massage and Bodywork Practitioner, I work cooperatively with other health and allied health professionals and abide by the professional ethics. See AMTA Code of Ethics page. Therefore, I need a physician's statement of consent for massage and bodywork if you are in continuing medical care.
2. Appointments are best made at least 2 - 4 weeks ahead of time. I value my time and schedule very carefully for your benefit and mine. Therefore, when you make an appointment, I have full expectations that you will keep that appointment.
3. If you are not feeling well, in most cases you will know that 2 - 3 days ahead. If it would hinder the work, please call to discuss the appropriate- ness of coming. Remember, however, not feeling well is often a very good time to get bodywork.
4. Cancellation policy: 24 hours notice, please. If proper notice is not given, I will charge the cost of the session. The validity of reasons for missing, canceling, or changing is not in question. Rather, the appointment is contractual. My obligation is to reserve time for you alone: your obligation includes assuming financial responsibility for that reservation.
5. Payment is due on the day of the session via check or cash--preferably before the session. That is also a good time to make the next appointment or series of appointments. Often after the session, both of our minds are on the work, feedback, and suggestions for self-care.
6. If you are involved in other treatment and/or therapies, I would suggest we begin by spacing them at least 24 hours apart. The Body/Mind/Spirit needs the time to fully integrate one session before more input. However, for each person, the optimum time in between will vary according to your own unique integrative process. Later, in fact, some therapies work well piggy-backed.
7. Closure and Ethics: It is important that we, as practitioner and client, develop a trusting relationship for the work. Therefore, confidentiality will be observed. There will be no social demands made on either party and discussion of boundaries may be appropriate from time to time.
Either party should feel free to suggest a referral to another practitioner or another form of bodywork in lieu of, or in addition to, our work. Your health is far more important than whether I am that practitioner or not. However, I would also encourage you to consider a long term relationship with whichever practitioner(s) you find work(s) well, so that your sessions can get to the point of maintenance and prevention.
Honest evaluations and closure will be a part of our relationship. It's important to let each other know when there is need for either an evaluation or closure ahead of time. We can arrange then a summary and good-bye session--both on the table and verbally. This will allow for a better transition to whatever is next in your journey.
8. Each of us will sign a "Statement of Understanding" that will include any amendments that individualize this contract for our working together effectively and easily.